BMW UK announces partnership with REALRIDER
BMW Motorrad UK has announced a partnership with the social motorcycling app REALRIDER – with all new BMW Motorcycle owners offered a complimentary 12-month subscription to the premium REALsafe service.
In addition to being able to track and plan riding routes, the free REALRIDER app is the first service to offer a passive safety element. Customers will be given a complimentary upgrade to the REALsafe premium service, which allows the app to sense when an accident may have occurred. If an accident is detected, the app seeks a response from the rider with a series of alerts on their phone. If no response is received, the app then relays the user’s name, medical information and GPS location to the emergency services who will try to call the rider three times. If there is no response, an ambulance will be dispatched to find and assist the user.
The company behind the app – REALsafe Technologies – were recently presented the Grand Prix award in the ‘Great Faces of British Business’ competition by the Business Minister Matthew Hancock for their work on the pioneering safety app.
Ian Furse, National Sales Manager for BMW Motorrad UK, said: “Every year, new innovations in technology and materials make BMW Motorcycles and Rider Equipment safer and easier to use. However, we are always seeking new ways to improve the rider experience – which is why we are pleased to announce our partnership with REALRIDER.
“With the REALRIDER REALsafe app, we are giving new BMW motorcycle owners a complimentary subscription to a new social and route-planning app, which also has the potential to improve safety. In addition to helping foster community and shared experiences between riders, the innovative ability to automatically call for assistance if the rider is unable to respond comes as a welcome safety net for any motorcyclist.”
Andrew Richardson, REALsafe Technologies Director, said: “The partnership with BMW Motorrad UK gives us an opportunity to protect a large number of their customers with our award-winning REALsafe technology. Not only will it increase the safety of BMW riders, it will give them access to a range of other benefits designed to help them get the most out of their new bike. I’m delighted to be working with the BMW Motorrad UK team.”
REALRIDER app features for all users.
- The REALRIDER App syncs with your free web account at realrider.com where you can discover, review, share, print and download routes for your Sat Nav
- Brush up on your riding skills with hours of on-road video commentary from the best-of-the-best in the industry-first E-Learning Centre.
- Keep a record of your bike(s) and insurance details in your online Garage
- Upload your best biking photos and videos to the Gallery
REALsafe safety application at a glance.
- REALsafe is the only accident detection system for motorcyclists to be fully integrated with the NHS.
- ‘Auto Pause’ functionality uses GPS and accelerometer data to pause REALsafe during stops and resumes when you start riding
- In the event of an incident, REALsafe will activate after 4 minutes of no movement.
- Riders have a further 2 minutes to cancel the alert before details are sent to Ambulance Control
- Alerts can be cancelled at any time
- Ambulance Control calls the rider three times before dispatch takes place
- REALsafe is a tried and tested process that helps paramedics locate riders quickly and with accuracy
For more information on the app visit the REALRIDER webpage here.
Check out the BMW range here.