The following rules define acceptable behaviour in our Community. Behaviour can be monitored by any member, as well as by the Get On Community Manager and Get On representatives, who will respond appropriately to any transgression.
Please do not read or post messages unless you agree to abide by these rules, which may be changed at any time without notice and should be checked periodically. Continued use of the Get On Community signifies your ongoing agreement to these terms.
- Members may not shout at other members by posting in all capital letters.
- Please take care with humour that might work verbally, but may seem censorious or mean when in typescript.
- Members should present opinions and positions in a tactful and moderate fashion.
- Please consider your use of language for those whose first language is not English.
- Always exchange ideas in a civil and measured manner and avoid “flames” (aggravating and/or mean-spirited posts).
- Try to assume good will, and hold fire on the assumption that most misunderstandings arise from the text-based format of the discussion rather than from negative intent on the part of others.
- Practice good posting manners and refrain from dominating conversations.
- Learn to understand written words and to listen to the person behind those words.
- Do not divulge personal information such as email addresses or contact numbers in usernames.
- Only one user profile is allowed per person. Any suspicion of multiple profiles will be investigated and your account may be suspended or closed as appropriate.
- Do not post anything that could be interpreted as self-publicity or promotion. This includes spamming, posting the same or similar message across many discussions, advertising (including pyramid selling and chain letters), selling or soliciting.
- Do not post anything unlawful – do not, for example, send or post material that is indecent, racist, defamatory, harassing or threatening.
- Do not, under any circumstances, post the personal details of others.
- Do not post any third-party material that infringes any legal rights such as copyright or other proprietary rights.
- Do not post the contents of private email or other private messages anywhere in the community.
- Please keep conversations free of superfluous discussion; remain focussed on the topic at hand.
- Accept responsibility for all material that they publish in the community.
- Always acknowledge the name of the source of any third-party material legitimately quoted or referred to.
- Not quote any member who specifically requests not to be quoted.
- Not intentionally misquote another member or any Get On representative.
- Not falsely misrepresent themselves.
- Not abuse the facility to send an individual member a personal message; personal messages are subject to all of the same rules as those posted in the visible community.
- Use the log-out button, especially on a public machine, to minimise intruder access.
- Keep their password confidential at all times.
- Not disrupt the normal flow of conversations within the Community or act in any way to the detriment of other users.
- Not act in such a fashion as to demand a disproportionate amount of the attention or time of the Get On Community Management Team.
- Respect the spirit and tone of the Community.
- Please report any transgressions to the Get On Community Manager, including any misuse of the personal messaging facility.
- Do not misuse the channels for complaint – persistence may result in action by Get On representatives in respect of your account.
- Get On representatives reserve the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any user account, at any time, for any reason.
To contribute to or comment on these House Rules please email Get On Community Manager.
MCIA cannot provide any guarantee on the reliability of any information, opinions or advice appearing on Get On. Get On are unable to vouch for the reliability of any information or advice originating from any third party sources. The views expressed by members of our community site are not those of Get On.