CBT, A1, A2, A & AM Licence Information

If you’re new to scooters and motorcycles, the UK laws about what motorcycle test you need to pass in order to ride different motorbikes and scooters can seem complicated. But they’re not, so don’t worry. Here we’ll take you through the steps you need to take to get on your way.

The UK government introduced new motorcycle licence laws which came into effect in January from 2013. These licence requirements will only affect new riders who pass their test on or after January 19th, 2013. Let’s take them step by step:

Getting Your UK Provisional Motorcycle Licence

To start your journey you need a provisional Category A licence, either included in your full car licence or as part of a provisional licence. If you don’t already have a provisional driving licence you can apply online.

Motorcycle Driving Licence UK - CBT, A1, A2, A