BMW Motorrad UK launches new rider offer which includes the cost of gaining a licence
BMW Motorrad UK’s ‘New Rider Offer’ at a glance:
- Customer initially puts down a £1,000 deposit at their chosen BMW Motorrad Retailer
- A BMW F 800 R is purchased via BMW Select (worth £7,595)
- Customer completes a seven-day Direct Access course including CBT, training and Module One & Two Tests with BMW Rider Training (worth £1,295) then returns to the Retailer with pass certificate
- Customer chooses either a BMW Tourshell suit or a GS Dry suit – plus Night Black Sport Helmet, Allround Gloves & Allround Boots (worth £1,385) to be collected after training is complete
- Delivery of new BMW F 800 R motorcycle is arranged
The customer then receives a refund of £500 from their initial deposit – giving them £2,680 worth of training and BMW Rider Equipment for just £500.
The training is delivered through a seven-day Direct Access course with BMW Rider Training at Royston in Hertfordshire, or Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, where bikes and protective clothing are provided as part of the package. This is worth £1,295. Riders just need to complete their theory test beforehand, which costs £25. The Royston training centre is within daily commuting distance of London, or riders can camp or stay in a local B &B.
Karen Cole, Director of Training at the Motorcycle Industry Association says this offer will help make riders safer.
“Paying for training and making sure you have full protective gear can feel expensive all in one go and people sometimes compromise at this early stage. This offer means riders begin their motorcycling journey on a high quality machine, train with a high quality instructor and ride in full protective gear right from the start. These are important considerations, which keep motorcyclists safe”.
BMW Mottorad say this deal makes becoming a motorcyclists very easy:
“Customers can visit their BMW Motorrad Retailer on foot, and leave with everything they need to become a motorcyclist. In addition to the F 800 R, new riders may choose to opt for any other model from the 2015 BMW Motorrad range via BMW Select and still take advantage of this fantastic offer.”
This offer is only open to new motorcycle riders who are also booking a BMW Rider Training course at the same time as buying their motorcycle.
For details, contact your local BMW Motorrad Retailer (find them by clicking here).
For more information on the offer visit the BMW Motorrad UK website by clicking here or contact BMW Customer Services on 0800 777 155.